The Best Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Modesto Home
December 15, 2022
Mice can be a real nuisance, especially when they decide to make your home their own. These small pests can cause big problems when they invade by spreading diseases and damaging your home. Time is of the essence when it comes to getting rid of mice, so it's important to know how to identify and get rid of them. The Modesto pest control pros at Peace of Mind Pest Control are here with the answers to the above, as well as tips on how to prevent future mouse infestations.
How To Tell If It's Mice In Your Home
One of the first things you'll want to do if you think you have a mouse infestation in Modesto is to look for signs of them:
- Droppings: Mice leave behind small, dark droppings wherever they go. If you see these in your home, it's a good indicator that you have mice.
- Gnawing: Mice like to gnaw on things, so look for signs of chewing or nibbling on food packaging, furniture, or other objects in your home.
- Footprints: Take a close look at any dusty areas in your home, as you may notice tiny mice footprints.
- Noises: Mice are nocturnal, so you may hear mice squeaking or scurrying around your home at night.
If you notice any of these signs, it's time to call in a pro. Peace of Mind Pest Control has been dealing with mice infestations for years, and we know how to get rid of them quickly and efficiently.
You Don't Have To Touch Mice For Them To Make You Sick
One of the biggest concerns with having mice in your home is the health risks they pose. These small rodents can carry a number of diseases, such as:
It's important to note that you don't have to directly come into contact with a mouse to contract one of these diseases; they are spread through mouse droppings, urine, or saliva. This is why it's so important to get rid of mice in your Modesto home as soon as you notice them.
The Best Way To Get The Mice Out Of Your House For Good
Once you've identified that you have a mouse problem, it's time to take action. The best way to get rid of mice in your house is to call in a professional pest control company like Peace of Mind Pest Control. We offer free inspections, and we warranty all of our work, so you can be sure that your mouse problem will be taken care of. Mice don't stand a chance against our experienced and qualified exterminators. Contact us today to get started.
How To Prevent Future Mouse Infestations In Your Home
Once you've gotten rid of your current mouse problem, it's important to take steps to prevent future infestations.
Here are some proven ways to keep mice away from your Modesto home:
- Keeping your home clean and clutter-free: Mice like to hide in dark, cluttered areas, so keeping your home clean and free of clutter will make it less inviting to them.
- Repairing any cracks or holes in your home: Mice can squeeze through very small spaces, so it's important to repair any cracks or holes in your walls, floors, or foundation.
- Storing food in airtight containers: Mice are attracted to food, so storing your food in airtight containers will help keep them away.
- Keeping your yard clean: Mice like to nest in tall grass and other vegetation, so keeping your yard clean and trim will help deter them.
Following these tips will help you avoid future mouse infestations. If you do find yourself with a mouse problem, don't hesitate to call Peace of Mind Pest Control. We're the Modesto pest control experts and we're here to help with all of your residential and commercial pest control needs in Modesto.