How To Safely Get Rid Of Black Widow Spiders Around Your Modesto Home
October 15, 2022
Black widow spiders are some of the most threatening spiders across the country, but luckily, pest control in Modesto can help. At Peace of Mind Pest Control, we provide ongoing support against these spiders and the pests that attract them. You can learn more about our treatment methodologies and service options through our residential pest control page. We also hope that the following guide provides insight as to why these pests are an issue and what you can do about them.
How To Identify A Black Widow Spider
The black widow spider is one of the easiest spiders in Modesto to identify. The female is a glossy black color and is branded with the unmistakable red hourglass figure on her abdomen. She has four sets of legs, with the front and back set being spindly and significantly longer than the middle two, and she is also usually confined to the web that she spins where she waits for prey. The male black widow does not have the hourglass shape stamped on his stomach; however, he does have easily identifiable red and orange dots scattered around his body. The black widow spider also has a large, round abdomen that is hard to miss.
The Dangers Of A Black Widow Spider's Bite
The black widow spider is one of the most harmful pests that owners might encounter and certainly one of the most dangerous spiders in California. They are hunting spiders and are known to inject their venom into prey in order to paralyze them before eating them. Unfortunately, black widows are capable of inflicting a similar scenario on people if their webs get disturbed or they perceive a threat.
Some of the symptoms that can come along with a black widow bite are difficulty breathing, nausea, fever, cramping of the abdominal region, swelling of the eyes and face, muscles becoming stiff within eight hours, and full body tremors. Rather than allow these issues to happen, contact Peace of Mind Pest Control for black widow spider control in Modesto today.
The Safe And Effective Way To Remove Black Widow Spiders
If you’re looking for the safest and most reliable way to address venomous spiders in Modesto, then professional help from Peace of Mind Pest Control is a no-brainer. Our pest control experts have more than 15 years of experience working with black widow spiders in the area. In order to stay ahead of black widow spiders, we offer homeowners the option of ongoing residential pest control services in Modesto that eliminate and prevent black widows and the pests that they eat, which include cockroaches, ants, and flies. All of our work is backed by extensive training and a pest-free warranty, so call us today for more information.
Five Simple Prevention Tips To Avoid Future Black Widow Spiders
In order to deter black widow spiders in Modesto, there are five simple yet effective tips that you can implement today. Those include:
- Address water issues. Black widows and the pests that they eat are attracted to things like leaky pipes and gutters as well as moisture build-up, so be sure to rectify any of these situations.
- Look at the yard. Things like piles of leaves and tree branches as well as overgrown grass can make for conducive environments, which is why it’s imperative to tidy up yards routinely.
- Keep things clean. Clutter inside the house can make a cozy environment for black widows and the pests that they eat, so get rid of excess piles and old packing materials, and keep a clean home in general by practicing good hygiene.
- Seal everything tight. One of the easiest ways to keep black widows and the pests they feast on out of the home is by filling cracks in the foundation with caulk, keeping window screens in good condition, and applying weatherstripping around loose doors.
- Bring in professional help. Rather than risk exposure to dangerous black widows, work with a pest control specialist to prevent them throughout the year.
For more information our residential and commercial pest control services in Modesto, call Peace of Mind Pest Control today.